Friday, September 30, 2011
Dance Conmigo offers private and group classes in the area of Montreal
In this video we used a combination of sacadas that add diversity to your dance.
1. The lady does a front Ocho and steps forward towards the leader as he steps away.
2. The leader takes advantage of the lady's circular momentum to get in between her legs with his left leg
3. as both dancer switch weight one more leg to another, the leader creates another sacada
Posted by Alain Cheryl at 1:37 PM
Thursday, September 22, 2011
Dance Conmigo offers Group and private Group classes
In this video we did some walking exercises and the basic steps.
The purpose of this exercise is continue to build the communication between the two partners.
1. The leader will initiate the side step either to one side or to the other
2. The follower will do the mirror image of the movement,
3. The follower will try to feel the size of the step and the energy
4. after any of the side steps, both dancer will bring their ankles together and will start a walk
The basic step
The basic step works as a structure of all the tango steps to come, but it should not be a step to dance all night long. Watch video for a description of the step. As we start dancing socially, we will eliminate the step #1 and start directly from #2.
The basic plus a walk
Here, after the dancers arrive to position #5, the leader is allowed to continue dancing around the dance floor. On of the purpose is move constantly across the dance floor.
Posted by Alain Cheryl at 6:15 PM
Tuesday, September 13, 2011
The essence of Tango is the communication between the two partners. Optimum communication is obtained when the two partner have good posture and body connection.
To have good posture both dancers would have to stand upright, with the head, shoulders, hips and feet perfectly aligned.
The connecting hands would be at about the average of the shoulder height while the leader right hand could be anywhere from one shoulder blade to the other (depending on the closeness of their bodies).
- Pendulum. Even before the dance starts, we have to try to communicate, we do this by keeping our feet together and slowly switching our weight from one foot to the other. While holding our partner, she should feel this weight shifting and follow accordingly.
- After the partners feel the motion of the pendulum, the leader will step forward engaging his whole body and stepping with the heel first. The follower will respond by stretching her leg back and transferring her weight as the leader transfer his.